NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
The Be Cool program (the “Program”). The Program will assist financially needy individuals who are making a positive impact on their communities have comfortable homes this summer. The nomination period begins at 12 a.m. Mountain Time on April 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Mountain time on May 7, 2023 (the “Nomination Period”). During the Nomination Period, you may nominate an individual who meets the eligibility criteria listed below by submitting the person’s name and address, together with a statement about why the person deserves to receive (AC) unit and installation (each referred to herein as the “Equipment”), using the nomination form at A1heating.com. Only submit one (1) nomination per person or family. Only the first submission by a Nominator (defined below) for a Nominee (defined below) will be considered. You may submit more than one (1) nomination if you know several people who may qualify. You may not nominate yourself or someone else living in your residence.
Eligibility Criteria. A nominee (the “Nominee”) must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- The Nominee must be a permanent resident of Idaho and reside within A-1 Heating and Air service area
- As of the beginning of the Nomination Period, the Nominee must own and reside in a detached, single-family home with a R-410A refrigerant-based air conditioning system with a gas forced air furnace with installed ductwork which regulates temperatures throughout the entire home to receive a free outside condensing unit. Hydronic systems, boilers, wood stoves, outdoor wood boilers, electric baseboard heaters, oil systems, or fireplaces are not eligible for replacement and are excluded from the Program. Mobile homes and manufactured/pre-fab homes are not eligible. The Nominee must not be an employee, officer, or director (or an immediate family member or live in the same household, whether or not related) of A-1 Heating and Air. “Immediate family” is defined as biological or adoptive parents, siblings, children, and spouse.
- Both you (the “Nominator”) and the Nominee (including, if applicable, his/her Designee) must agree to be bound by these terms and conditions; the Nominee must agree to sign a declaration of eligibility if the Nominee is selected as a recipient; and the Nominator and the Nominee (and, if applicable, his/her Designee) must agree to sign a release of liability and a publicity release allowing A-1 Heating and Sponsors to use the nomination and your and the Nominee’s (and, if applicable, his/her Designee’s) name and likeness and images of the Nominee’s home for publicity purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) if the Nominee is selected as a recipient.
- The Nominator may only provide information in relation to a Nominee if the Nominator has received permission from the Nominee to provide his/her information to A-1 Heating.
- As part of the selection process, if so requested, the Nominee must be willing to allow A-1 Heating representatives access to the Nominee’s residence to inspect the residence and Nominee’s current cooling system to determine need for, and suitability for, replacement of the outside condensing unit.
- If selected as a recipient, the Nominee will receive a free outside condensing unit and installation from A-1 Heating and Air. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL A-1 Heating and Air BE OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE BOTH A FREE FURNACE AND A FREE OUTSIDE CONDENSING UNIT TO A RECIPIENT UNDER THE PROGRAM.
- The Nominee must provide evidence of home ownership sufficient to permit the Nominee to accept installation of the replacement Equipment.
- If selected as a recipient, the Nominee must allow Sponsors and A-1 Heating and Air representatives’ access to the Nominee’s residence to install the replacement Equipment.
- If selected as a recipient, the Nominee (or a relative or other individual designated by the Nominee to be present in his/her place (a “Designee”)) must be available during the period of May 30, 2023 – June 2, 2023 for the installation of their Equipment.
- The Nominee must have had a significant positive impact on his or her community, over and above activities that fall within the normal scope of the Nominee’s paid employment (if any).
- The Nominee must be able to demonstrate that replacing the Nominee’s pre-existing outside condensing unit would be a significant financial hardship to the Nominee. As part of the selection process, if so requested, the Nominee will be required to provide an A-1 Heating representative documentation proving financial need. A Nominee will be considered to have financial need if he or she is:
- Experiencing financial hardship due to:
- Health-related expenses from an illness of the Nominee or an immediate family member that requires treatment that creates expenses beyond the Nominee’s ability to pay, or
- Military service of the Nominee or an immediate family member that results in the Nominee’s or an immediate family member’s inability to re-enter the workforce and meet financial demands, or
- The Nominee’s job as a first responder, teacher, or similar occupation whose dedication to a life of service to his/her local community and neighbors has impacted the Nominee’s ability to meet financial demands, or
- Eligible for any government financial support program, including, but not limited to:
- SNAP (food stamps) or the low-income support social assistance program, or
- Medicaid, or
- The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or
- Supplemental Security Income, or
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, if a resident of the United States, or
- No funds, compensation, or indemnity will be provided by Sponsors for payment of taxes, if applicable, or any other financial impact resulting from the receipt or use of the Equipment and installation.
- in the event of an outside condensing unit Nominee, a Nominee’s need for an outside condensing unit in order to protect against adverse health effects from intense periods of heat typical for the region where the Nominee resides, and
- degree of financial hardship, and
- significance of community impact, and
- any military service (current or veteran).
Selection Process and Criteria. A-1 Heating and Air will select finalists from all nominations received during the nomination period. The number of finalists chosen may vary by location, significance of the community impact the Nominees have had, and number of nominations received. Selection criteria (weighted equally) will include:
A-1 Heating and Air may choose to inspect finalists’ residences for suitability as part of the final recipient selection process. A-1 Heating and Air will then select one (1) recipient based on the above criteria. A-1 Heating and Air may also elect not to select any recipient to receive the new Equipment if no Nominee meets the selection criteria. Recipient selection and notification will take place during the week of May 17,, 2021 – May 28, 2021. Recipients or their Designee must be available May 30, 2023 – June 2, 2023 to arrange the installation of their Equipment. If the Equipment cannot be installed between May 30, 2022– June 2, 2022 and the Nominee and A-1 Heating cannot agree on an acceptable alternative date, the selected Nominee will forfeit the Equipment, and A-1 Heating and Air may select a new recipient from the original Finalists.
New Outside Condensing Unit Details: Selected outside condensing unit recipients will be given a thermostat with the specific model determined by A-1 Heating based on suitability for the recipient’s home, together with installation (approximate total retail value will vary from $5,000 to $7,000). In addition, the Equipment will be covered by Lennox’s standard Equipment Limited Warranty that accompanies the outside condensing unit and thermostat, (subject to its terms and conditions). In addition, if applicable, a whip, disconnect and/or lineset may be included. Nothing else is included, including, without limitation, ductwork.